loads of things happening in Beijing lately, even during the holidays:
– Made it to Folk Me fest at Mao Livehouse (map) yesterday. Line up included an “unknown” trio, The Redbucks, Hanggai and Buyi. I wish they stuck to the band rotation they list outside because it’s sometimes difficult to know who is who unless you’ve seen them before. Great show overall with a review coming up soon.
– GAWTMY is still alive, kicking and searching for a new Rhythm Guitar player amongst others: Check this City Weekend add . Expect an interview with their drummer and the new singer soon.
– Bad Apples which had gone MIA over the summer marks their return to the Beijing music scene with a show on October 30th at Ginkgo(map)
– Talking about Ginkgo (map), they continue their schyzophrenic line up of acts with Shanghai’s Tony Tse Live this October 8th. I heard some good stuff about his shows!! will definitely try to make this one!
– Also, Lonely China Day, a local favorite, is playing 2 Kolegas (map) this Friday October 9th. I’ve seen those guys a few times and highly recommend their gigs, especially at 2kolegas while there is still moderately good weather to enjoy.
Cheers and stay dazed